Monday, July 19, 2010

solitude

I have pretty much been living in seclusion this whole summer but there is something that is just so soul-draining about the suburbs. After reading Kafka on the Shore, I decided I would really like to live in seclusion for awhile, in the woods or something, with just my books and my thoughts. maybe the book only helped to realize a goal that has always existed. At the moment, this goal cannot be accomplished so I must settle for an indoor fortress made of twine and a patchwork of bed sheets.




In other slightly related news, I've been thinking about becoming a farmhand in France or someplace after I graduate, invaluable experience for an aspiring alpaca farm-runner. I'm not quite done with the city just yet but I think a change of scenery would be nice.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

i love the impromptu fortress lily....[side note] what is it about suburbia that is so directy "blank", don't know the word but its something that encompasses how isolated one starts to feel...